Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 8 - Sharing is "FUN"damental



(Sorry - couldn't resist on the title)

This "thing" reminds me a lot of things #4-6 and my experience was much the same: there are COUNTLESS programs out there that can do just about anything you want and it is good to get familiar with a fraction of them. For this thing I decided to try and start something that will be pertinent to my job (which I haven't even officially started yet) and created a mosiac on BigHugeLabs featuring a few books that I know will be new to my library in the fall. Again, this kind of stuff is VERY easy to use and great for promotional type things such as this.

Now I have a question - the few things I have "created" through this series have consisted of images I have taken off of the net (like the book covers you see here). Am I going to get tazered by the copyright police? Seriously - is this a bad thing to do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on joining Round 2 of 23 Things on a Stick. Good luck, learn lots, have fun!

Now, to answer your question. I don't think you'll get tazered by the copyright police. You can use copyrighted material and I think what you've done falls within something permissible.