Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing 14 - Library Thing

I have seen this "Thing" on so many other people's blogs that I was really excited to get in and explore the site for myself. In the end, I am pretty impressed and really want to be able to use it in my own library. I don't really need (nor would I want) it for cataloging, but what I like is that it a) looks kinda cool on your blog and b) it gives patrons book reviews from people other than....me. Right now I am just going to start with the books out of my library that I have read, but as we get into the school year I am hoping maybe to get some student helper staff or anyone to help me get as many books as I can in. The next step for me is to immerse myself into the site a bit more and try to figure out how to best utilize it for my student patrons.

I will be back with thing 13 later (or maybe I won't because I am a tad superstitious!)

No comments: