Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing 11 - Ummmm, that's Del.icio.us

I first became familiar with tagging through my graduate coursework this past semester. While I have not developed my del.icio.us account (I have linked it on the left side of the page)as much as I could/would like, I definitely see a lot of benefits to such a tool. From personal experience I can say that one of my biggest technological pet peeves is having two or more computers at work (in different rooms no less) and having some bookmarks on one machine and others on the other. Del.icio.us is a great way to have all my bookmarks in one place and gives you the ability to access them from any machine (with internet access) at any time.

From a professional standpoint, I think this tool could be quite useful for research purposes. I envision asking the faculty for some of their "favorite" websites and compiling all of them on a library del.icio.us account. The work up front might be a bit daunting, but once it is up and running, I bet it could be quite a convenient way to help the research process for students.

No comments: