Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr

All right, I admit it, I took the easy route with thing 4. I decided to look for a photo rather than start my own account. (thanks, tahdaev for the above pic of Iowa wrestling coach Tom Brands) After reading up on Flickr, however, I definitely plan on opening an account and using it for professional purposes (I am not a big personal photo guy). Some big advantages I see to this format is that anyone can view them from anywhere and it definitely saves your computer/network in terms of memory space. I think this could be great for library promotion and whatnot, and that is how I plan on using it (after I start my new job in the fall).

1 comment:

Mollie Pherson said...

Woo Hoo! Glad to see you have joined Round 2 of 23 Things on a Stick! Have fun along the way and remember there will be prizes to all who complete the program by September 15th. Enjoy!

Mollie from SELCO

PS--Go Hawkeyes! Grew up in the Cedar Rapids area and my uncle is great friends with Dan Gable, so I know all about Iowa wrestling!