Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 12 - Can you Digg it?


Kid Swallowed By Mud Puddle - Watch more free videos

I hate to sound negative - but here is another media I would file under "I'm not seeing the need." To back up my point - above you can view what was the second most "important" thing on DIGG the day I looked at it.

As a SCHOOL librarian (I only emphasize that because I know it is probably quite different than public librarian) I don't think my patrons need much help figuring out what is most popular at any given time. Now, as a librarian, if someone comes out with a similar site geared specifically to 14-19 year olds, I would maybe check it out just to see what kids are actually interested in (as scary as that can be sometimes.) As for these sites - I don't have a lot of interest.

In the end, this "Thing" did give me the opportunity to figure out how to put a video on my blog - Hooray for me!!!!

2 comments:

aurora said...

Yeah, not an important video, but I did get a chuckle. I've been enjoying your comments about all the social media.

dante namibia said...

Yeah - it was pretty funny.
Overall, I dont have any problem with the social media - it is just not my thing. I could go on for A LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time about the problem I have with the anonymity of the internet - from message boards, to comment pages to things like this.