Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing 21 - Other Social Networks

I know I gave the impression that I wasn't too fired up about social networking a couple of posts ago. However, the social networks discussed in this "Thing" are ones I could see myself spending a bit more time with.

Obviously, the professional networking aspect to sites like these is fairly appealing. The ability to "hook up" with like-minded people or other librarians could be very beneficial. I stopped into the 23 Things Ning (say that three times fast) and got a chance to "see" some of the people going through this program. Beyond that, Shelfari is one that caught my eye. Much like LibraryThing, I like how it connects people through books - and the widgets look pretty cool on a blog.

When I find the time, I am going to try and look into some other social networks that may pay dividends at work - too fried to try it right now.

No comments: