Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing 13 - Online Productivity

Is that an oxymoron? I think sometimes that the time I can spend online "working" actually makes me less productive than I could be.

Anyways, I do have some experience with some of these tools. I have start pages through both MyYahoo and MyMSN. The Yahoo one came about through Fantasy Football. While I do not use it for my personal homepage - I do like the way that it allows you to predetermine what headlines and information you see up front. The MSN page is the homepage for my desktop computer at home. Again, it shows local news and weather reports which is nice.

One thing I was interested in was the online calendar sites. Scrybe was not accepting new registrations so I went to 30 Boxes. The site is okay - although I did run into some annoying snags. I did put a widget from my calendar on this blog. I also tried to place it on my library homepage through edublogs.org, but it did not work out (probably more of an issue with my host site).

Overall, I think this stuff is okay - but there is nothing wrong with using a trusty pen and day planner.

No comments: